The key is “over and over.”
Date: July 17, 2014 (Thursday)
Starting Point: La Faba, Castilla y Léon (Province of León)
Ending Point: Triacastela, Galicia (Province of Lugo)
Distance: 27.3 kilometers
Time: 6 hrs 0 mins
Difficulty Level: 8.5/10
It was still dark when we left the village. With no street lamps I was…
I remember this priest. We all sat up front and he would restart the service every time a new pilgrim arrived. It took about a half hour, then once he got going, it was over in 5 minutes.
1. Entering Santa Catalina on a pretty country lane.
2. An enterprising local’s little stall.
3. Crumbling ruins and mountains.
4. A little taste of Texas: the Cowboy Bar in El Ganso!
5. The rocky trail as we summit mountains…
6. Foncebadón, or what’s left of it!
The blue door is where I bought my bastón for €3.00. The owner showed me how good it was by bending it under pressure and watching it spring back. It lasted all the way to SDC and saved my bacon once.